Messages : 1278
Points : 2144
Emploi : vétérinaire
|Sujet: Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of the African Union and the promotion of constitutional governance Sam 9 Aoû 2014 - 20:49
The Institute of Development Policy and Management
is seeking to fill the following full-time (100%)
vacancyDoctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF)
in the area of the African Union and the promotion of constitutional governance Job description
Profile and requirements
- You prepare a doctoral thesis with regard to the development and enforcement of the African Union’s normative framework for the promotion of constitutional governance in its member states.
- You contribute to teaching and research at the Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- You hold a master degree in law. Additional degrees or training in the areas of development studies, political science and/or international relations are recommended;
- Research experience on law and politics in Africa as well as practical experience with the functioning of intergovernmental organizations are highly appreciated;
- You are particularly interested in the analysis of law in its political and historical context, as well as for the implementation of international legal norms at the domestic level.
- You are somewhat familiar with the mission of the African Union to promote regional integration, development, peace, security, democracy and rule of law in Africa.
- You combine an interest for fundamental scientific research with attention for the policy relevance of your research.
- You are fluent in English and French;
- You can submit outstanding academic results;
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply;
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- The start date of scholarship will be October 1st 2014, November 1st 2014, December 1st 2014 or January 1st 2015;
- A monthly grant amount ranging from € 2.167,88 - € 2.486,53;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label 'HR Excellence in research'.
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date August 10th 2014;
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel;
- The interviews will take place from August 18th until September 12th 2014;
- More information about the application form can be obtained from Robin Wynants (Tel 03 265 31 41);
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Stef Vandeginste, firstname.lastname@example.org