Messages : 1278
Points : 2144
Emploi : vétérinaire
|Sujet: 2015-2016 National Academy of Education / Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in USA Lun 11 Aoû 2014 - 8:35|| |
The National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program supports early career scholars working in critical areas of education research. This nonresidential postdoctoral fellowship funds proposals that make significant scholarly contributions to the field of education. The program also develops the careers of its recipients through professional development activities involving National Academy of Education members.
- The online application is available! Please feel free to enter the portal and begin an application.
- The NAEd held an online webinar opportunity for our fellowship applicants in September 2013. If you would like to see a recording of the event, please click the link in the previous sentence. Some excellent information on the fellowship application process was disseminated and if you have the opportunity, please feel free to watch it. Upon clicking on the above link, please wait a minute (or longer depending on your internet speed) for the audio and video to load. The webinar is approximately one hour long.Fellowship Award
Qualifications and GuidelinesThe NAEd/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is open to all eligible applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Fellows will receive $55,000 for one academic year of research, or $27,500 for each of two contiguous years, working half-time.
- The terms of the fellowship provide for no institutional support, i.e., overhead or indirect costs
- Fellowships must begin during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Fellows take the equivalent of one year’s teaching leave during the fellowship term.
- Fellows will be included in professional development retreats with other fellows and NAEd members.
- Up to twenty-five postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2015.
- Selection will be made by a committee of NAEd members.
DeadlineAwardees for the 2015 program will be notified in May 2015.The application deadline for the 2015 program will be November 7, 2014. To be notified when the fellows are announced, please join our mailing list.To Apply and Important Information/LinksBefore submitting a proposal, applicants are encouraged to read The Art of Writing Proposals. Applicants are also encouraged to seek feedback from respected colleagues prior to submission.
- Applicants must have received their PhD, EdD, or equivalent research degree between January 1, 2009, and December 31, 2013- this time frame is accurate for the 2015 program and differs from the eligibility requirements in the past. Please note, if you defended your dissertation in 2013, but did not receive your diploma, or were not conferred, until 2014, then you will not be eligible to apply for the fellowship this year. Do please consider applying next year however.
- Applicant should have a demonstrated record of research experience in education.
- Proposed project must be an education research project. NAEd funds studies that examine the efficacy of curriculum and teaching methods, however, we do not fund the initial development of curriculum or instructional programs.
- Applications will be judged on the applicant's past research record, career trajectory in education research, and the quality of the project described in the application.
- Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship; group applications will not be accepted.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
- Concurrent funding for the proposed project is not permitted. You may not hold a grant from the Spencer Foundation at the same time as this fellowship.
- Application form
- Abstract of proposed research project
- Project description
- Career history
- Example of past research relevant to education
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Reference letters
2014 Application Guidelines (updated 7/14/14) Postdoctoral Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)If you have questions or are unable to visit the online application, please contact us:
National Academy of Education, 500 Fifth Street NW, #307, Washington, DC 20001;