International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) scheme is funded by the Australian Government and provides tuition fees to top quality international candidates who wish to enrol in a research degree at Australian universities.
Please note the IPRS closing date is the 30 September.
Applications are extremely competitive and are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
The main objectives of the Endeavour IPRS programme are to:
- attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas of research strength in Australian higher education providers; and
- support Australia's research effort.
To be eligible for an IPRS Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student commencing full time internal enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University.
If you commenced your HDR in the previous year, but due to the timing of your application and subsequent enrolment were unable to be considered for an IPRS, you may apply and be considered for an IPRS during the current round of IPRS applications.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its areas of research concentration.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within two years prior to commencing the IPRS.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an IPRS, unless the previous IPRS was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree or unless it was terminated within six months of enrolment.
How to Apply
Please make sure you read the International Students Scholarships Application Guidelines
To apply, please complete the International Students Scholarships Application Form
Detailed instructions are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
- All applicants must provide two referee reports. The University will not request reports on your behalf.
- Referees must be qualified to speak with knowledge about your work during the qualification most relevant to this application and on your capacity for research. If you are also basing this application on relevant work experience/training, at least one of your referees must be able to comment on your relevant experience.
You must also provide contact details of your referees on this application form and ask them to submit their written reports directly to the University on the Referee's Report Form.
IPRS Guidelines (Chapter 3 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines)
If you have any questions about the process, please contact the Research Services Directorate via the Ask UNE HDR Interface https://hdr.custhelp.com/