International PhD and Masters Scholarships
University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships
The University offers a number of postgraduate research scholarships to support international research candidates.
Applications close 31 August 2014
What does a scholarship offer?
A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $25,392 p.a. (2014 rate). This amount is indexed annually.
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Relocation and establishment allowance of up to $2,020
- Overseas student health cover
Please note that the figures above would only support a single person and additional money will be required if you intend to bring any family members with you.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Successful scholarship candidates usually have:
- An IELTS of at least 6.5
- Honour class one or equivalent
- An outstanding Grade Point average
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
How do I apply?
Applicants apply for a scholarship as part of applying for admission by answering the relevant questions on the admission application form.Your application for admission must include:
Please ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications and research work experience
- Certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal
Applications close 31 August at 4pm each year.