Tuition Fee Scholarship- application open
High performing applicants to Mid Sweden University have the chance to be awarded a scholarship which will result in a reduction of the tuition fee, depending on the study programme.
All students who have applied to a study programme at Mid Sweden University starting spring semester 2015, and who are required to pay tuition fees are welcome to apply for a Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. The scholarship amount is deducted from the tuition fee invoice. Who is eligible to apply?
The Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship is aimed at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). Spring 2015250 000 SEK tuition fee reduction:
International Master's Programme in Electronics Design, 120 higher education credits
Requirements for scholarships:
- The Scholarship is awarded for a fee reduction of 250 000 SEK for the tuition fee for the programme at Mid Sweden University the student has applied to at the time of the scholarship application.
- The scholarship amount is deducted from the tuition fee invoice for the programme which the awarded student is acceepted into. This means that the scholarship will not be disbursed to the student.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another programme at Mid Sweden University or another university.
- The scholarship is valid only for studies starting spring semester 2015 and cannot be postponed.
To be awarded a scholarship, the following conditions apply:
- The application for studies must be made no later than August 15, 2014, at www.universityadmissions.se.
- The applicant must be admitted to one of the above mentioned programmes starting in the spring semester 2015.
- The applicant must be citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
- The applicant must be required to pay a tuition fee.
If awarded a scholarship the Scholarship holder is obliged to:
- Pay the tuition fee according to the tuition fee invoice. If payment is not made on time the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Enter into a written scholarship contract with Mid Sweden University before starting the studies.
- Confirm his or her citizenship by means of a passport photocopy before starting the studies.
- Inform Mid Sweden University if personal conditions change and the student is no longer required to pay a tuition fee. The scholarship will then be withdrawn for that part of your studies.
- If the scholarship holder don´t enroll at Mid Sweden University, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- If the scholarship holder intermits his/her studies at Mid Sweden University, the scholarship will be withdrawn for the remaining part of his/her studies.
- If the scholarship holder wrongly has stated that he or she met the conditions for the scholarship, by a misunderstanding or for another reason, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Students apply for the scholarship after the application for admission to Mid Sweden University. The application for admission must be submitted at www.universityadmissions.se no later than August 15, 2014. The application for the scholarship is done by filling out an online application. The academic excellence of applicant will be assessed in accordance with the supporting documents submitted when applying for admission at Mid Sweden University. The applicants do not have to send in the supporting documents again. Last day to apply for scholarship is September 12, 2014. Selection process
The ranking process is based on academic excellence. For this selection process, Mid Sweden University will take an even distribution according to gender into consideration. Applicants who ranked Mid Sweden University ar their first priority when initially applying to the university have preference. Notification
Applicants will be notified of the result of their scholarship application individually by e-mail address that was given on the application form. Notification will be sent out in the beginning of November, 2014 . If the applicant accepts the scholarship, a contract will be sent to the applicant by e-mail. Disbursement
When applicants have been awarded and accepted a scholarship, the amount awarded will be deducted from the tuition fee invoice accordingly. No money will be disbursed to the scholarship holder personally. Please note that the Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarships do not cover living costs, it only covers the tuition fee or part of the tuition fee, depending on the cost of the programme. Travel, living and other expenses must be covered by other means of funding. Certificate of scholarship
When awarded a scholarship, information regarding the scholarship is clearly stated on the invoice of the tuition fee. The scholarship amount is deducted from the tuition fee, and the tuition fee invoice is your certificate of the scholarship. No separate certificate will be provided.
Mid Sweden University always provides the Migration board with the name of the scholarship holders. No certificate is needed for the residency permit.
Questions regarding the scholarship can be sent to International Coordinator at Mid Sweden University, Katarina Eriksson, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions regarding studies at Mid Sweden University and student life can be sent to the International Desk at Mid Sweden University, e-mail address: email@example.com.
Last updated: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:20 AM