Administrateur du site
Messages : 5768
Points : 15667
|Sujet: Alfa Fellowship Program from American, British, German, and Russian Mar 9 Sep 2014 - 17:58|| |
New for 2014: The Alfa Fellowship Program is now also open to German citizens
The Alfa Fellowship Program is a distinguished professional development program placing accomplished young professionals in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy and related areas.
The program accepts up to 15 American and British citizens per year and has been expanded this year to also include three German citizens.
The program includes intensive Russian language training, seminar series, and extended professional experience. Fellows receive a monthly stipend, language training, program-related travel costs, housing and insurance.
The Alfa Fellowship Program aims to expand networks of American, British, German, and Russian professionals, develop greater intercultural understanding, and advance knowledge of Russia in the West.
Drawing upon extensive contacts throughout industry, media, public, and nonprofit institutions in Russia, the Alfa Fellowship Program works together with the fellows to identify suitable work placements at leading institutions in Russia in business, media, and public and social policy.
The Alfa Fellowship Program endeavors to secure positions that meet the interests of both the fellows and host institutions. Fellows’ progress is closely monitored by the Fund for International Fellowships and Cultural Dialogue in Moscow.
In addition to individualized professional assignments, the Alfa Fellowship Program includes:
- Four-month Russian language tutoring program in the U.S., U.K. or Germany
- Four-month Russian language course in Moscow
- Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., with accommodation and roundtrip travel
- Housing in Moscow for the duration of the program
- Moscow seminar program
- Generous monthly stipend
- Three regional excursions throughout Russia and one to a neighboring country
- Limited international health, accident, and liability insurance
Candidates for the Alfa Fellowship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. U.K. or German citizen
- 25–35 years old at the application deadline
- Russian proficiency is preferred; qualified candidates with fluency in another second language may be considered
- Graduate degree or equivalent training in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field
- At least two years of relevant work experience; candidates without a graduate degree must demonstrate extensive and equivalent professional experience in their field, approximately six years, in order to qualify for the Alfa Fellowship Program.
Application DeadlineDecember 1, 2014
for the 2015-2016 program year.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
.OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.http://culturalvistas.org/programs-for-students-and-professionals/professional-fellowships/alfa-fellowship