Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship within General Linguistics
One postdoctoral Research Fellowship (SKO 1352) within General Linguistics is available in the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian studies (ILN) at the University of Oslo (UiO). For further information about the Department, see its homepage.
The successful candidate is expected to become part of the research environment/network of the department and contribute to its development. The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines. The position includes 10 % teaching and administrative duties.
ILN seeks to recruit postdoctoral candidates with excellent research qualifications who will strengthen the department's research profile within General Linguistics. The postdoctoral fellowship is open to topics in general linguistics within the following areas: phonetics and phonology, lexicon, morphology, syntax, semantics, language acquisition and language disorders. Only projects within areas where the department has qualified supervisors will be considered. Applications that also relate to the department's research profile in Scandinavian linguistics will be welcomed.
The position is available for a period of three years.Qualifications and Personal Skills Requirements
- A Doctoral Degree in Linguistics or equivalent. The doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation before
the application deadline.
- Good English skills, both spoken and written
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
We seek strongly motivated, competent and internationally oriented candidates, with high- ranking academic qualifications in the relevant area of research.
In the evaluation of the applications, emphasis will be placed on
- the project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- the candidate’s international experience and network
- the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications to carry out the project within the allotted time frame
- good cooperative skills, and the ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines.
- salary level 57 - 65 (NOK 482 800 - 559 600, depending on level of expertise)
- a challenging and stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare arrangements
- workout during hours, 1,5 h pr week
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae with grades listed
- List of published and unpublished works
- Project description (approximately 3-5 pages). The project description must present a feasible progress plan and clarify how the applicant will approach the postdoctoral project topic theoretically and methodologically. It is expected that the applicant will be able to complete the project during the period of appointment.
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Publications, doctoral theses and other similar documents are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works at a later date.
The short-listed candidates will be called in for an interview at the University of Oslo or we will arrange for an interview on Skype.
See also Regulations concerning Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
- Application deadline:
- 15 October 2014
- Reference number:
- Home page:
- Head of Department Kristian Emil Kristoffersen
Telephone: +47 22 85 76 34