EYSAC Research Fellowship in Surgical Oncology , and applications are submitted till 10th November, 2014. EYSAC research fellowship provides training in clinical research in the field of surgical oncology at European cancer centres. The fellowship supports a young colleague who wishes to expand his/her research experience in surgical oncology. Candidates must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specializing in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology. Fellowship of 2.000 EUR is awarded every year for a training period of 1 to 3 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Europe
Level: Training in clinical research in renowned European cancer centres.
Field(s): surgical oncology.
Deadline: 10th November, 2014.
Funded By: European Society of Surgical Oncology, Belgium
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This Research Fellowship is targeted for both European and non- European citizens.
‣ Award No: EYSAC offers one research fellowship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded every year for a training period of 1 to 3 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of this research fellowship is 2.000 EUR.
‣ The ESSO Young Surgeons and Alumni Club (EYSAC) grants each year a standard research fellowship to support a young colleague who wishes to expand his/her research experience in surgical oncology.
‣ The research fellowship supported by the ESSO Young Surgeons Alumni Club (EYSAC) is designed to provide training in clinical research in renowned European cancer centres, support efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence and provide the necessary support to develop surgical oncology research projects.
EYSAC Research Fellowship Candidates must
‣ be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specializing in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology
‣ be or become members of the ESSO Young Surgeons Alumni Club before the start date of the award
‣ be younger than 40 years of age
‣ complete their visit within 1 year following the application deadline
‣ choose to visit a unit in a country other than their current place of training (non-European candidates must choose to visit a European unit)
‣ The successful applicant of the EYSAC Research Fellowship will be invited to summarize their experience in an original article to be posted on the EYSAC dedicated page of the ESSO website and to make a presentation at the next ESSO congress.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be submitted by post or via e-mail (ana.galan-at-essoweb.org).
‣ Application must include
a motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit
-a completed curriculum vitae application form
a letter of recommendation from their Head of Department
a letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10th November, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about EYSAC Research Fellowship