DK-PI PhD Studentship for International Students in Austria , and applications are submitted till January 6, 2015. The Vienna Doctoral Program Particle and Interactions (DK-PI) calls for applications for PhD studentship in the field of experimental and theoretical particle physics. The studentship includes full financial support on a 12-months-basis for up to 3 years. Students from all countries are welcome to apply for such DK-PI studentship. Among equally qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration. Since DK-PI doctoral students will have to be enrolled at one of the Vienna universities, they have to fulfill the criteria for doctoral studies of the two universities.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Level: Doctoral Research Programme
Field(s): The DK-PI offers research opportunities in the fields of physics and technology of particle detection in high energy particle collisions, precision measurements at low and ultra-low energies to test the standard model, precision experiments with antihydrogen for studies of CPT symmetry and antimatter gravity, experimental studies on non-perturbative QCD with kaon and antiproton beams, the theory of strong and electroweak interactions at low and high energies and at high density or temperature, neutrino and flavor physics, Standard Model and Beyond the Standard Model phenomenology, super symmetry and string theory, quantum gravity and black hole physics and dark matter physics.
Deadline: January 6, 2015.
Funded By: The Vienna Doctoral Program (Doktoratskolleg) Particle and Interactions (DK-PI), supported by the Austrian Science Foundation (FWF)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DK-PI PhD Studentship is targeted for Students from all countries are welcome to apply for DK-PI fellowship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: PhD studentship is provided on a 12-month basis for up to 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The modalities of the payment follow the rules laid out by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) (currently 1,996.90 €/month before tax, incl. health benefits). In addition, the doctoral program provides support for
-travel to scientific work shops, schools and conferences,
-research stays at various partner institutions around the globe,
-soft skill training and language courses.
‣ The DK-PI PhD Studentship program is a research, education, and training oriented initiative supported by the Austrian Science Foundation (FWF).
‣ Its purpose is to provide a high profile international research environment for highly qualified PhD students, coupled with a thorough monitoring and advisory framework, and a broad educational system that includes introductory and specialized physics courses as well as soft skill courses.
‣ Its aim is that the students acquire the knowledge needed for becoming competitive participants in the international particle and nuclear physics research community and are able to start their own successful career.
‣ Students from all countries are welcome to apply for such a DK-PI PhD Studentship .
‣ The DK-PI seeks to increase the percentage of women in physics and therefore specifically invites applications by women.
‣ Among equally qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration.
‣ Since DK-PI doctoral students will have to be enrolled at one of the Vienna universities, they have to fulfill the criteria for doctoral studies of the two universities.
‣ For this they need in particular a completed Master (or equivalent) degree. In addition they should have very good English language skills.
‣ Since the number of places in the DK-PI doctoral program is limited, there is an application and selection procedure for interested students which accounts for their academic and previous scientific achievements, and their expected potential for future research work.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Note that they will not approach your referees.
‣ YOU have to ask your referees to send to us these letters directly by email (preferrably) to application-at-dkpi.at or by postal mail so that they arrive before the deadline.
‣ Upon electronic submission of your application you should receive a confirmation mail within 1 day (if not, please contact the DK-PI coordinator!).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 6, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about DK-PI PhD Studentship