‣ The KAAD Scholarship Program 1 is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany.
‣ These 2015 KAAD Scholarships program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives.
‣ Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.Who can apply?
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
What does KAAD expect from you?
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master's degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries
in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cases.
For more information about your region, visit the following sites: Africa (sub-Sahara) Asia Latin America Near and Middle East (including North Africa)
Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst
+49 228 917580