The purpose of this program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France*) and are admitted to a master’s program at Université Laval.
This scholarship of $7,000 per year is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
Criteria of excellence
The Registrar’s Office considers the average available when the application is reviewed.
|Achieve a score of 14/20 or better or the equivalent of a “mention bien” on the diploma required for admission.*||Scholarships are automatically awarded to candidates admitted to a master’s program. List of eligible programs to come|
|11/20 to 13/20 average||Candidates are eligible, but scholarships are subject to faculty decision.|
*Additional prerequisites for programs in the Faculty of Business Administration:
- Science or experimental science baccalauréat: 13/20 average overall and in mathematics
- Technical or literary baccalauréat: 14/20 average overall and in mathematics
- At the deadline indicated below, must have submitted a complete application package* at Université Laval in an eligible first master’s program and have been accepted in this program. (list of programs)
- You are a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France.*
- You graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- You are registered full time for the two semesters for which the scholarships are awarded (winter 2015 and summer 2015).
*Please see the admission requirements.
*French citizens already benefit from a supplemental tuition fee exemption under the MESRS policy entitling them to pay the same tuition fees as Québec students.
Please note that master’s scholarships for international students will not be available for study programs followed exclusively outside Quebec.
Deadline and Submission Guidelines
There is no form to complete for master’s level scholarships. Recipients are selected using information from admission applications received by Université Laval. To be considered, candidates must apply for admission by September 15, 2014. To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application for admission to the University no later than the deadline of the target semester.
- Admission for winter 2015 : September 15th, 2014
- Admission for summer 2015 : January 15th, 2015
- Admission for fall 2015 : March 15th, 2015
How to apply for admission?
officiel website : http://www.bbaf.ulaval.ca/cms/site/bbaf/masters_scholarships_international_students