Candidates from 54 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America can submit an application for a VLIR-UOS scholarship to take part in a training or Master programme at a Flemish university or university college.
To apply for a scholarship, you first need to apply for the training or Master programme.
To apply for a training or Master programme, visit the website of the training or Master programme of your interest. Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website.
In the programme application, you can mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. In case you do, the programme coordinator forwards your application to VLIR-UOS.
Applications submitted by the candidates to VLIR-UOS directly will not be considered!
Take into account that you can only apply for one training or Master programme per year.
The dates of application are determined by the programme. Check the website of the training or Master programme for more details.
You will receive the selection result by e-mail, as soon as possible after selection and at the latest by mid-June.
In case of doubt, please contact the training or Master programme.
For which training or Master programmes can I get a scholarship?
Only the following English taught courses at Belgian Flemish universities or university colleges are eligible for scholarships:
Training programmes organized in 2015 (1-4 months)
- Lib@Web: Management of Electronic Information and Digital Libraries. Course dates and applications dates yet to be confirmed
- Technology for Integrated Water Management. Application now open, deadline 1 February
- Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis. Application now open, deadline 1 February
- Human Rights for Development ('HR4DEV'). Course dates and applications dates yet to be confirmed.More information available in January 2015
- Dairy Nutrition. Course dates and applications dates yet to be confirmed
- Road safety in Low and Middle-Income Countries: Challenges and Strategies for Improvement. Applications will open on 5 January 2015, deadline 12 April 2015
- AudioVisual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM). Course dates and applications dates yet to be confirmed
Master programmes (start: September 2015)
One-year Master programmes
- Development Evaluation and Management. Applications will open on 1 November 2014, deadline 1 February 2015
- Globalisation and Development. Applications will open on 1 November 2014, deadline 1 February 2015
- Governance and Development. Applications will open on 1 November 2014, deadline 1 February 2015
- Human Settlements. Applications will open on 1 November 2014, deadline 1 February 2015
Two-year Master programmes
- Nutrition and Rural Development, main subject: Human Nutrition. Deadline: 1 January 2015
- Physical Land Resources. Deadline: 5 January 2015
- Aquaculture. Deadline: 15 January 2015
- Biology – Specialisation Human Ecology. Deadline: 1 February 2015
- Statistics – Specialisation Biostatistics. Deadline: 1 February 2015
- Environmental Sanitation. Deadline: 1 February 2015
- Nematology. Deadline: 1 February 2015
- Food Technology. Applications open on 1 November 2014. Deadline: 1 February 2015
- Water Resources Engineering. Applications open on 1 November 2014. Deadline: 1 February 2015
- Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans & Lakes). Deadline: 1 March 2015
- Molecular Biology. Deadline: 31 March 2015
Requisites, coverage and application
- What are the requisites to apply for a scholarship and the criteria to get one?
- Which costs are covered by the scholarship?
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
- Why should I study in Flanders (Belgium)?