Administrateur du site
Messages : 5768
Points : 15667
|Sujet: DAAD Intensive Language Course Grant for US and Canadian Students in Germany, 2017 Mar 17 Oct 2017 - 19:19|| |
This scholarship program aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of the German language (general language, special language) and cultural knowledge of the country. DAAD offers grants to applicants from North American universities, who at the time of application have attained at least sophomore standing (second-year standing in Canada), to attend 8-week intensive language courses at leading institutes in Germany.
Eligibility and Requirements
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor's and Master's degree program as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area; Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Students in the last year of a Bachelor program are eligible to apply if they intend to start a Master's degree program immediately after completing their BA. Please submit a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Graduates who work in higher education and completed their last academic degree no longer than six years before the time of application are eligible to apply.
- Students/graduates from the areas of German studies, German as a foreign language and translation courses are not eligible.
What requirements must be met?
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay.
- The applicants must be registered at a university in their home country or in their country of permanent residence (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins.
- An applicant may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD Intensive Language Course or University Summer Course Grant.
- It is not possible to apply simultaneously for an Intensive Language Course and a University Summer Course Grant.
- German language skills should be equivalent to at least level A1 and no higher than B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Terms of Award
What can be funded?
- The program supports attendance of language and area studies courses which are offered by a German language institute in the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You can find out about course providers and course programs on the DAAD website by clicking here.
Duration of the funding
- 8 weeks
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses start in June. The last courses end in December.
- One-off scholarship payment of EUR 2,300-
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see here for more information.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- The courses are taught in German.
- Course fees and accommodation expenses are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider so that the grant holder is paid only the remaining amount to which he/she may still be entitled in Germany.
Please click here (US-applicants) and here (Canadian applicants) for details on the documents that need to be submitted for an online application.
To download the language evaluation form, please see the box to the right.
- The application must be submitted online through the DAAD Portal.
- In addition, you are required to mail 2 copies of the “Application Summary” (PDF File), which is generated in the DAAD Portal after the online application procedure has been completed, as well as one recent reference from a university teacher in a sealed envelope.
- The portal will close automatically at 11 PM Central European Time (5 PM EST/4PM CST/3PM MTN/2PM PST) on the deadline date. Applicants are advised to start the application process at least one week before the closing date.
- Please ensure we receive the paper application no later than DECEMBER 11, 2017 (one-sided, not stapled). Your application is only complete when we have received both your electronic and paper application.
- The video below explains how to navigate the online portal.
- If you seek technical support with the online portal, please email portal(at)daad.de.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Application materials will not be returned.
- No reasons for a decision will be given.
- Online applications must be completed by December 1, 2017, and hard copies must be received by DAAD New York by December 11, 2017.
Application Dates and Online Portal for Undergraduates
Application Dates and Online Portal for Graduates
Application Dates and Online Portal for Phd/Postdocs